Crusader: No Regret
From GOG Community Wiki
|This Product Page is incomplete and requires expansion. Please help to improve it! Don't know how? Discuss your ideas on the talk page.|
|Crusader: No Regret|
|GOG Publisher||Electronic Arts|
|GOG Release Date||November 22, 2011|
|Original Release Date||September 10, 1996|
|Earliest Known Version||1.06|
| Product Page |
| Like it?
No Regret begins 46 hours after the events of No Remorse. The Silencer’s escape pod is picked up by a freighter that is headed to the WEC penitentiary mining facility on the Moon, where political dissidents and Resistance members are held. The mining operation there is the key to destabilizing the entire WEC structure from within, and this is why Chairman Draygan himself is overseeing the program. The Resistance has also managed to install a cell on the Moon and is trying to delay the Di-Corellium extraction as much as possible. All the pieces are in place and it is up to you to make the first move—and the last one.
Compared to its predecessor, Crusader: No Regret is much more straightforward, and with a higher emphasis on action. This is by no means a bad thing, because sometimes good old-fashioned shotgun diplomacy is the right solution to the problem, and the Silencer is an unquestionable expert in this field.
The game is packaged with DOSBox v0.74. Its installer is a single executable file. Like other EA releases, it is mandatory to install the packaged DOSBox, though one does not need to use it.
- A 16MB manual in PDF format
- One JPG wallpaper in 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 formats. It is a variation of the game's cover art.
- Reference card, a 2MB PDF outlining the game's controls.
- Artworks, a compilation of sketches and concept art. Oddly, many of the drawings were for Crusader: No Remorse.
- Plot and script, incomplete scripts and plot outlines for No Regret.
- History and lore, design documents.
- Topline Newsletter, a fictional newspaper in PDF format at 7MB in size.
Patches and modifications
The game is patched to the latest version.
There are no unofficial patches for Crusader: No Regret.
There are no modifications for Crusader: No Regret.
Since this release uses DOSBox, it is advised to read through our entry on DOSBox for general troubleshooting.
Since GOG tends to utilize years-old DOSBox settings standards, several issues permeate through their DOS releases. Skipping audio is among them. Though there is no universal solution for this issue, adjusting several settings in the [mixer] section of a DOSBox configuration file helps alleviate most problems.
Open "dosboxREGRET.CONF" with a text editor and edit the values under [mixer] to the following:
[mixer] nosound=false rate=44100 blocksize=1024 prebuffer=50
A common solution to this is changing the DOSBox graphical output. Run the "Graphics Mode setup" program in the game's folder and try out the options until one suits your preferences.
- The extras were supplied by Vagabond and Maighstir.
- Most of the game's extras were recompiled from the original source art files provided by Vagabond. The history and script documents were provided by an anonymous ex-Origin developer.
|$2.39||60%||Elite EA Assembly||2014/04/18 - 2014/04/21|