|Notice: The new Wiki Software is live. Please be aware, that some strange things could happen, while we try to fix the last few glitches.|
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|This Product Page is incomplete and requires expansion. Please help to improve it! Don't know how? Discuss your ideas on the talk page.|
|Developer||Irresponsible Games and Daedalic Entertainment|
|GOG Publisher||Daedalic Entertainment|
|Original Publisher||Daedalic Entertainment|
|Original Release Date||March 11, 2014|
|Earliest Known Version||1.3|
| Product Page |
| Like it?
Joe's doing 40 years on Alcatraz for a heist on an armored truck. The loot is still hidden out there, but only Joe knows where it is. In the streets of San Francisco, Joe's ex-accomplices and his wife are eager to find the stolen money. Who will get their hands on the dough? In this interactive Point & Click adventure by Daedalic Entertainment and Irresponsible Games - the team of Gene Mocsy - Joe and his wife Christine will be playable characters. Players will decide between love, treachery, life and death: will Christine assist Joe during his prison break? Will they recover the fortune together? Or will they succumb to greed? Will Christine deceive her husband, taking revenge for all the disappointments and a marriage that brought her nothing but hardship? Will she just turn her back on Joe and hit the road with his former accomplices? Or will Joe gain everything in the end? 1954: Alcatraz offers all what makes a great adventure: challenging puzzles, a mature crime story with a dynamic plot and various possible outcomes, and a whole bunch of shady characters: brutal felons, making life on The Rock even harder for Joe, while outside not only his partners-in-crime but also snoops and cops are after the money and Christine. The cinematic San Francisco of the 1950s, caught in a gritty comic style is a harsh place. But it's also a place where 1954: Alcatraz can pay homage to history and zeitgeist, in form of the Beatnik culture and other contemporary themes.
- Two playable characters: the gangster couple Joe and Christine.
- In-game decisions extensively influence the plot and lead to various endings.
- More than 20 additional 3D animated characters.
- More than 60 hand drawn backdrops, based on original footage of San Francisco, North Beach and Alcatraz.
- Challenging puzzles and exciting dialogues by Gene Mocsy, co-writer of Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island.
- Atmospheric Beat and Jazz soundtrack by Pedro Macedo Camacho (Fairytale Fights, Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island, A Vampyre Story, Audiosurf).
Italian language notice: for Italian localization version 1.3 is required.
- 19 artworks
- 11 avatars
- 2 renders
Patches and modifications
Changes in version 1.3:
- Credits may now only be viewed in the main menu due to misbehaviour ingame.
- Some small fixes in the French localization.
- Fixed an issue where Joe lipsynced Mason in the Chapel.
- Fixed missing Russian and French credits.
- Fixed an issue not quitting the game properly on OSX.
- Fixed an issue in Joe's cell where you could click why the cell door is opening, leading to misbehavior.
- Fixed an issue with some dialogue options being too long to fit the dialogue box.
- Fixed an issue allowing to open the menu while fighting Gas Pipe in the cave.
- Fixed some issues not locking the inventory properly when necessary, allowing to break the game.
- Added Italian (text-) localization.